Sunday, January 20, 2008

Catch Up

This is my nephew. Thought I'd start out with something that would make you saw "awwww!" so you wouldn't be so hard on me for missing some (a lot) of days.

If you're still having trouble forgiving me, try saying 'no' to this face.
I've been taking pictures but haven't had time to do more than quickly upload them and then fall into bed.
Get ready for a string.

Manda says I'm obsessed with line.

I take an unbelievably large number of pictures of my dogs. And my children. But more of my dogs. Ro Ro has cats; I have dogs, I guess. Dot is on the left, Retro's on the right. Tooooooo cute.



Sundays are special. I am usually up early, appreciating the solititude. Sometimes I'm rewarded with sights like this one.



Sometimes I take a dozen pictures of the same thing, trying to capture with the camera whatever it is that's interesting to my eye. Sometimes I don't quite get it. Sometimes I do but the lighting is weird.


I try to take my camera with me everywhere, but don't always find good subjects. At least you know I'll smell nice.

Sometimes I just use my camera for family silliness.


Sometimes for tender moments.


Annnnnd like I said.. I take a lot of pictures of my dogs.


Really.

Alot.


So, I'm sorry for getting behind. Please stay tuned. I'll try to be better.

5 comments:

Aynde said...

YAY DOGGIE!!!!

I want one.

Dude - your nephew does not look anything like I expected. Must get his looks from daddy's side but them again I thing I see a bit of the FIL in there.... hmmmmmm.

MamaChristy said...

B looks like his Daddy, but you're right; FIL and SIL are in there too.

Just think.. when you're in your own house.. you can have a doggie. Won't be long now!

Monika said...

Hi again - just caught up on your 365blog (man, I'm glad I didn't sign up for that, I don't even get round to update my normal lj - although I also still wish I'd decided to play, too :) ).

Anyway, it's cool to get to 'meet' your family. And the dogs (which are so cute! :) ).

I think you have a really good eye for interesting shapes and structures - I liked the kind of 'abstract' pics, like the noodles, the jars or the cart very much.

Just curious: WHAT is that in the sixth pic from the top? :Q It looks quite scary, I think, and I just can't figure out what it is.

MamaChristy said...

Hi Monika :) The sixth picture is the mouth, so to speak, of a gigantic shell that's in one of my windows. I took a picture with the sun coming from behind it because the opening sort of glows.

GoodSam said...

Hey! LTC's has a shaved head! It looks good, but I never would have recognized him if I'd seen him on the street.